A look back at Know Your Guest in 2022
Posted by Kiera Davidson on January 4, 2023 · News
To see where we’re heading, we first need to look at how far we have come.
Technology has continued to soar in popularity, with property managers incorporating operational tech into their framework. Looking forward to 2023, we’re predicting this trend (among others) to continue, but let’s break down the evolution of Know Your Guest in 2022.
2022 has shown us another year of growth and strength, including brand new partnerships, industry award nominations (and wins), not only that, but it has carved out a new path forward for us as a proptech company in the short-term rental industry.
With the help of our amazing partners and customers, we accomplished the following in 2022:
The Shortyz, 2022 Winner
We were extremely delighted to have been shortlisted and announced the winner of the Shortyz 2022 Best app or website solution award!
We’d like to thank all our partners and customers for their nominations and support of Superhog in this category!
Serviced Apartment Awards, 2022 Shortlist
In association with Zeevou, the Serviced Apartment Awards shortlisted Superhog for their Best use of Technology Award. It was an honour to have been nominated and recognised by such a renowned industry award ceremony.
Partnerships and integrations
Throughout 2022, we have continued to build our industry partnership programme with leading industry players, to help solidify the trust, safety and risk management movement as a key short-term rental process for safer and more prosperous property management. This includes 7 new PMS (property management system) integrations, 3 short-term rental Associations, 2 Guest Portal integrations, and 1 OTA.
Check out our full marketplace here.
10 industry events attended
In 2022, we ventured across Europe and America to attend some of the most well-known events as well as those up-and-coming events for newer short-term rental markets:
- Scale Rentals by Damian Sheridan, Barcelona Spain
- Vacation Rental World Summit by Antonio Bortolotti , Porto Portugal
- FAVR Xtravaganza by FAVR, Florida USA
- Avantio Sponsorship by Avantio, Barcelona Spain
- Next22 by Track, Minneapolis USA
- Direct Booking Success Summit by Jenn Boyles, Virtual Event
- Vitur Summit by FEVITUR, Malaga Spain
- Book Direct Show by Damian Sheridan, Miami USA
As we have continued to grow our partnership and clientele throughout 2022, and with exciting times ahead of us, we onboarded new team members to the Superhog team, including:
- exclusive Account Managers
- a specialist Onboarding team
- extended our Marketing team
- expanded our Sales team and Consultants into new markets
- developed our Resolutions team (remaining in-house)
With supply and demand hitting an all-time high for the vacation rental market, the susceptibility to fraud, unfortunately, increased too. We sought to build awareness of the types of fraud unravelling within our industry and to educate our fellow partners, customers, property managers and hosts on the ways in which they could help fight fraud and protect their businesses.
Preventing fraud in the vacation rental industry is a practice that should be implemented by all those who transact in the market.
Our Fighting Fraud ebook is still available to download here.
With thanks to our integrated partners Bookster and Lodgify for their contributions to our #FreakyFrauday campaign:
Preventative products mentioned are available from Know Your Guest, Beyond, Operto, Minut, NoiseAware.
Superhog and Know Your Guest
Our team has continuously worked hard to create the very best features and technology to provide comprehensive, risk management processes to every property manager and host in the short-term rental industry. Here’s some of what we brought to you in 2022:
- $5Million Damage Protection: we increased our unmatched host guarantee from $3,000,000 to $5,000,000 with the ability to implement this across ALL your booking channels
- Damage Waivers: our brand new solution provides property managers and hosts greater control over their business protection, as well as the potential to create a new revenue stream, by facilitating the collection of a damage waiver.
- Know Your Guest: now, we’ve made it abundantly clear that every property manager or host should ‘know their guest’ much like the financial industry’s coined term ‘know your customer’.
Our most notable shift in 2022 has been to Know Your Guest. We are currently undergoing a rebrand and we can’t wait to share all that we will have to offer throughout 2023 and beyond.
So, what does this year have in store? You can see our short-term rental industry predictions for 2023 now!
Remember to check out Know Your Guest here and keep your eyes peeled, as we have some exciting news to drop in the coming months!