Frequently Asked Questions
What verification checks does SUPERHOG undergo on its members?
As part of our in-depth approval process, we require members to provide us with the following documentation:
- Copy of Government ID: passport, identity card, driving licence
- Selfie (clothes on please!)
- Home-sharing profile pages
- LinkedIn/Facebook profile page
- Proof of bank account
SUPERHOG liaises closely with government agencies in the relevant country to check that the application and supporting documents are legitimate. We currently work with organisations in 180+ countries including the UK, France, Italy, Spain, and the USA.
- Using sophisticated verification techniques, we also conduct a thorough check on your personal contact details, such as phone numbers and email addresses.
- We carry out a series of checks on the marketing of a property on rental platforms, paying close attention to property photos, reviews and descriptions. This helps us establish whether a property listing is genuine or fake.
- Based on the accumulated knowledge of millions of individual home-sharing transactions, we know how to identify the key risks to hosts and guests; by aggregating key data markers across different platforms, SUPERHOG is able to demonstrate the trustworthiness of its members, hence eliminating these risks entirely.
- Instant ID verification using AI and deep machine learning algorithms.
- Review important historical data, including past reviews and incidents from others, as well as identify ‘review gaps’.
We conduct a number of background checks:
- Global watch lists
- Criminal history
- National eviction database
- Sex offender search
What verification checks and screen does SUPERHOG undergo on hosts’ properties?
Once they are a member, hosts can register their property through the SUPERHOG app. Our application process involves a series of checks and verification processes, giving guests peace of mind that your property is safe, secure and thoroughly vetted and verified. And of course, as a SUPERHOG member, they already know you are a great member of the community.
As part of our rigorous and in-depth approvals process, we require property owners to be able to provide us with the following documentation to help verify the property credentials:
- Declaration of state of property
- Proof of rights to property (ownership/rental agreement)
SUPERHOG liaises closely with government agencies in the relevant country to check that the application and supporting documents are legitimate. We currently work with organisations in 180+ countries including the UK, France, Italy, Spain, and the USA
Property listing review
We carry out a series of checks on the marketing of a property on rental platforms, paying close attention to property photos, reviews and descriptions. This helps us establish whether a property listing is genuine or fake.
Once a property passes all of our checks, they will officially be ‘SUPERHOG approved’, allowing them to display the SUPERHOG badge and their unique SUPERHOG username on their online property listings. Due to the comprehensive nature of our approval process, hosts can expect to receive a response to their application within 5 days. Be part of the SUPERHOG community excluding the bad actors.
Is my personal information safe with SUPERHOG?
Yes – our process has been designed to ensure your information is 100% secure.
- All members submit their details directly online, without having to provide sensitive information to anyone else.
- All personal information is encrypted, ensuring all personal identifying information remains protected. We will only ever show partial personal information to ensure the privacy of our members
What is the SUPERHOG booking guarantee? What does it cover?
This guarantee is backed by insurance and protects members against the rare occasions when an issue arises during a booking between two SUPERHOG members.
- £1,000,000 property damage – accidental and malicious
- £1,000,000 of public liability protection in case your guests have an accident
Want to join us?
Find out more about life at GUARDHOG Tech and join our team